This easy Gluten Free Vegan French Toast recipe makes eating gluten free more fun and healthy. Because this French Toast is loaded with only delicious ingredients that are good for you!
If you want to find out just what I think of this Vegan Gluten Free French Toast recipe- watch my video. Plus you will see how I make a BONUS Sandwich recipe with the leftovers!
Topping options are simple, delicious and healthy. Berries, banana and coconut cream are the “icing on the vegan gluten free French Toast’ in this recipe- making is really healthy like I always do.
However, If you don’t have fresh berries just thaw out some frozen ones to unlock their flavor and you will love it.
As far as prep goes and getting your pan ready. I didn’t even need cooking spray or to oil the pan, the batter doesn’t stick!
Don’t have time to make French Toast in the morning? Make it ahead of time! What makes this recipe amazing is that you can keep the pre-made french toast slices in the refrigerator and warm them up later and they are just as good!
Lets talk about the ingredients. If you do not have ground flaxseeds you can sub them out for ground chia seeds!
I used Happy Campers Gluten Free Bread because I love it, the taste and texture of the bread is my favorite. Plus it has the best ingredients.
Also, if you want to see another really easy healthy Breakfast option that kids will love, checkout my Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl Recipe!
Don’t skip the coconut cream! WOHOOO!
Moving on. Im not going to spend a lot of time writing a long blog post. Mostly because I don’t have time for that! I am starting a SMOOTHIE BOWL FOOD TRUCK you all!
If you make this Gluten Free Vegan French Toast recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Also TAG me @LemonsandLeggings on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes 🙂Print
Gluten Free Vegan French Toast just got healthier because Happy Campers Gluten Free bread is so delicious and this recipe is so easy. Topped with coconut cream, maple syrup and berries, this vegan recipe is a keeper.
- 8 slices Happy Campers Gluten Free Bread (I used their cinnamon raisin)
- 1 cup non-dairy Milk
- 2 tablespoons ground Flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons Oat Flour or GF flour blend of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
- Fresh Berries
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut cream or vegan Yogurt
- Whisk non dairy milk, ground flaxseeds, oat flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare a non stick pan over medium high heat
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter mixture for about 20 seconds on each side – you can leave it in for longer if you want if using Happy Campers Gluten Free bread because it is so wholesome.
- Place on hot pan and cook until golden brown on the outside. Flip and cook until the other side is also golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Top with whatever toppings you choose, the possibilities are endless and watch my video if you want inspiration.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without topping
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: gluten free, French Toast, toast, bread, Happy Campers Gluten Free, healthy, vegan, easy, quick, healthy snack, sweet, breakfast, plant based, coconut cream, banana french toast, banana,