Cookies for BREAKFAST! Yes, when they are vegan, gluten- free, oil-free oatmeal, turmeric chai spiced breakfast cookies I am totally alright with eating these for a healthy breakfast 🙂
So to keep my trend going with not writing a bunch of stuff here in my blog post, and instead making a video saying everything I would write here… Here is that video explaining this breakfast cookie and why I love it.
The ingredients are all whole foods, gluten-free and vegan. Plus they are Refined Sugar-Free.
I didn’t try to make these cookies low-carb or high-fat or anything but it turns out they are. So if that is what you are looking for then yay!
I love ALL the NUTS AND SEEDS in this recipe, but they can be switched out for any of your favorite nuts and seeds, so get creative you all 🙂
I used a 2 tablespoon scoop to make the cookies but they work in all shapes and sizes.
Mini Vegan chocolate chips on top add the perfect amount of sweetness to them if you want that 🙂
If you don’t have a Chai Tea bag to brew into 1 1/2 cups tea, you can definitely use non-dairy milk in its place, or even water.
Make sure you have some extra coconut, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and mini chocolate chips to decorate the top of these cookies before you bake them 🙂
I Made this recipe so I could bring my healthy oatmeal with me out on the trail. So these cookies are prefect for hikes, outdoor activities, and adventures. They will keep you fueled and ready to go.
Pro Tip: Eat them with ALMOND BUTTER and Dip them in Soy Milk 🙂
Also TAG me @LemonsandLeggings on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes 🙂
If you make this recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!Print
These cookies are so healthy I eat them for breakfast! Yes, when they are vegan, gluten- free, oil-free oatmeal, turmeric chai spiced breakfast cookies I am totally alright with eating these for a healthy breakfast and I think you will be too.
- 2 1/2 cups (275g) Rolled Oats
- 1 cup (155g) Almond Flour
- 1 cup (87g) Unsweetened Coconut (fine shavings)
- 1/4 cup (45g) Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Ginger powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 cups brewed Chia Tea (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup (80g) chopped Dates
- 1/4 cup (75g) Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
Nuts and Seeds
- 1/2 cup (50g) Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup (48g) raw Walnuts
- 1/4 cup (37g) raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup (39g) raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 cup (30g) sliced Almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground Flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons vegan mini chocolate chips (optional)
- A few pinches of coconut, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds
Watch Video to See How
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Add Dry ingredients to a large food processor
- Process until oats and formed a somewhat medium fine flour
- Add Wet ingredients and process until a batter forms
- Pulse in Nuts and Seeds, not over processing because chunks of walnuts are yummy!
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Scoop cookie batter using a 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoon scoop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet, leaving a little room between each cookie
- This recipe makes anywhere from 18 to 22 cookies depending on how you scoop them
- Top with toppings of choice
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden around edges
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before you dig in!
Keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days and they freeze well too. I have made these and froze them for up to a few weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216 calories
- Fat: 11.4g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Chai Spiced, cookie, cookies, healthy cookies, vegan, breakfast, healthy breakfast, breakfast cookie, chai, turmeric chai, oatmeal, gluten free, dairy free, oil free, plant based, one bowl, oatmeal cookies,