Making a FAST, healthy and vegan Indian Spinach Dal has never been simpler with this healthy hack. This recipe uses a packet of Tasty Bite’s Spinach Dal along with tons of fresh veggies, chickpeas and pre cooked brown rice.
When I get home from a good day outside playing in the mountains, I am hungry and I want something kinda salty, delicious and packed with nutrients.
The issue is I am always tiered and the last thing I want to do is cook a meal.
My options in this situation are :
- Go to our local mexican joint and grab two bean and rice burritos for Gwen and myself – this option is extremely delicious but not super healthy.
- Eat cold cereal, a can of soup maybe.. or some hummus.. not so great..
So when I came up with this HEALTHY HACK meal using a pre-made packed of Vegan Indian Spinach Dal, my life was forever changed. Seriously.
Now I always have packets of these Tasty Bite Indian meals in the house and trust me, we use them well!
So without further chatting to you here via text, which I actually don’t like doing. I really prefer speaking to you guys in video form so that is what I will do.
I made a Healthy Hack video series and this is the first one, so watch it if you want to know how easy and healthy this meal just is.
In the video I talk about all the ingredients I use in detail, cooked brown rice, cooked canned chickpeas, avocado, red bell pepper, mushrooms, Forager Cashew Yogurt and more.
Let me know in the comments below if you guys like this type of recipe, of video, etc. Let me know if you want to see more like this or if you have a suggestion for a recipe video I cover.
If you make this recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Also TAG me @LemonsandLeggings on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes 🙂Print
A 5 Minute Healthy Vegan Indian Spinach Dal recipe that uses a Tasty Bite dal packet along with plenty of fresh vegetables, canned chickpeas and cooked brown rice. This “Healthy Hack” will save you time and the meal tastes so good!
- 1 packet vegan “Tasty Bite” of choice (I used Spinach Dal)
- 1 can (15oz) Chickpeas
- 3 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 10 Crimini Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 big handfuls mixed Greens of choice (spinach, kale, etc)
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain Cashew Yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Chili Sauce (Optional)
- Add 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth and mushrooms to a large frying pan with a lid
- Cover and cook on high heat for 90 seconds
- Add chili sauce, peppers and chickpeas, cover cooking another 90 seconds.
- Next add the cooked rice, Tasty Bite packet and spinach, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scoop into 4 bowls.
- Top with tomato, avocado, cilantro and cashew yogurt.
- Enjoy 🙂
Watch Video for Detailed Recipe Description
- Serving Size: 1/4 total recipe
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Indian, Spinach Dal, vegan, healthy, healthy hack, tasty bite, indian food, packet, quick, oil free, gluten free, dal, ethnic food, hack,