Matcha Mango Raw Vegan Cheesecake ladies and gents!
Matcha Mango together in a raw vegan cheesecake. Made with cashews in the place of dairy cheese, and dates and nuts in the crust in place of butter and flour.
You might be thinking, what the hell is this strange recipe and how is a cheesecake made without cheese. How is it vegan? Raw vegan cheesecake?
Well, before I write a book here, watch this VLOG and i’ll tell you more.
Basically this matcha mango raw vegan cheesecake is more like a frozen dessert, like an ice cream cake. It is creamy and frozen or can be creamy and simply cold.
I love Green Tea powder which is known as matcha
Matcha is a finely ground green tea powder. I really enjoy making lattes out of it with soy milk, but this was the first time I made a desert with it.
The combination with juicy delicious mango is just WOW! I love this raw cheesecake!
One thing that really surprised me is that I did not love it before I added the lime juice, it was just not right. However after adding just a little lime juice and organic vanilla extract, this Matcha mango raw vegan cheesecake filling became amazing.
The chocolate and berries as the topping as absolutely essential so please please don’t skip them!
If you make this Matcha Mango Raw Vegan Cheesecake recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Also TAG me @LemonsandLeggings on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes 🙂Print
- 2 cups Dates, chopped small, pieces, pits removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shaved Coconut
- 1/2 cup raw Walnuts
- 1 cup Mango (200g) Fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 cups raw Cashews (soaked in water for 2+ hours)
- 3 teaspoons Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced Strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Make sure your cashews are soaked before starting, if you forgot no worries- soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes and it will do the trick!
To make the crust:
- process dates, water, oats and coconut until a thick dough forms, being careful to not over process into a paste (small chunks are good in a crust)
- Add the walnuts and pulse a few times until the walnuts are broken into small pieces and fully incorporated into the dough
- Press into a pie dish/mold of choice (9” round, or similar square works) by using your fingers and distributing the dough evenly to cover the entire bottom of the pie dish/mold.
- Set aside while you make the yummy filling
For the Filling you will need a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix)
- Blend the mango and maple syrup until completely smooth before adding the remaining ingredients
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until thick, creamy and completely smooth
- (you will probably have to use a tamper or scrape the sides with a spatula many times to insure that all of the cashews are blended evenly).
- Spread evenly into the pie crust you recently made to form a somewhat smooth surface
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours (easiest to freeze overnight)
Allow 30 minutes of thawing time after you remove from the freezer and before you top it and eat!
Toppings are FUN!
(do this step after you have frozen it – about 30 minutes before serving)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by heating them for 30 seconds to 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Drizzle this warm melted chocolate over your matcha mango cheesecake
- Top with the fresh berries and if you want drizzle more chocolate over them!
*You can replace the maple syrup with Agave without any problems.
*Keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 weeks!
- Category: Dessert, Raw Desserts
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, American
- Serving Size: 1/12th cheesecake
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 14.3
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 6.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cheesecake, cashews, cashew cheesecake, matcha, green tea, raw cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, mango cheesecake, mango matcha, Gluten free, healthy, vegan, oil free, quick, dairy free, sugar free, refined sugar free, healthy snack,