Breaded in a healthy Gluten Free bread crumb, these cauliflower bites quickly bake up into a delicious gluten free and vegan snack! Baked Cauliflower Bites are perfect for snacking, movies or simply as a side dish with your favorite dinner.
- 4 cups chopped Cauliflower (1 medium Head) chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (I used Happy Campers Gluten Free Bread)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons ground Flaxseeds
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine Bread crumbs, oregano, black pepper and cayenne (if using) in a medium sized mixing bowl to form the breading.
- Whisk together non-dairy milk, hot sauce, nutritional yeast and ground flaxseeds in another medium sized bowl to form the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter so that it is completely submerged
- Allow excess batter to drip off before rolling each piece in the breading
- Roll each piece of battered cauliflower into the bowl of breading to cover all surfaces
- Place the breaded pieces on the lined baking sheet, arranging them evenly
- Bake on convection if possible for 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown
- Remove from oven, cut into a piece, taste, and if it is not soft it needs more time- if so flip each piece and bake for 10-15 more minutes until tender and soft
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
- Category: Healthy Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Vegan
- Calories: 150
Keywords: Gluten free, healthy, vegan, oil free, quick, dairy free, sugar free, refined sugar free, healthy snack, Cauliflower, bites, baked cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower, bread crumbs, gluten free bread crumbs, happy campers gluten free, cauliflower bites