A 5 Minute Healthy Vegan Indian Spinach Dal recipe that uses a Tasty Bite dal packet along with plenty of fresh vegetables, canned chickpeas and cooked brown rice. This “Healthy Hack” will save you time and the meal tastes so good!
- 1 packet vegan “Tasty Bite” of choice (I used Spinach Dal)
- 1 can (15oz) Chickpeas
- 3 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 10 Crimini Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 big handfuls mixed Greens of choice (spinach, kale, etc)
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain Cashew Yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Chili Sauce (Optional)
- Add 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth and mushrooms to a large frying pan with a lid
- Cover and cook on high heat for 90 seconds
- Add chili sauce, peppers and chickpeas, cover cooking another 90 seconds.
- Next add the cooked rice, Tasty Bite packet and spinach, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scoop into 4 bowls.
- Top with tomato, avocado, cilantro and cashew yogurt.
- Enjoy 🙂
Watch Video for Detailed Recipe Description
- Category: 5 Minute Healthy Hack
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian, Vegan, American
- Serving Size: 1/4 total recipe
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Indian, Spinach Dal, vegan, healthy, healthy hack, tasty bite, indian food, packet, quick, oil free, gluten free, dal, ethnic food, hack,