Smoothie bowls have changed my life.
Yup, I said it and I am serious. I have always been a huge sweets lover, but never could find a healthy way of eating so much sweet foods. Until I found smoothie bowls.
For me, Smoothies are great and all, but they seem to be a drink, not a meal. But I love smoothies. I just wasn’t eating them as a meal. So when I discovered that I can:
- make a quick healthy smoothie really thick and creamy
- pour it in a bowl and top it with delicious healthy foods like granola, nuts and berries
- Eat and enjoy it as a meal because it actually satisfied me
MY PERCEPTION OF HOW TO MAKE, EAT, and ENJOY FOOD WAS FOREVER CHANGED.
I am not saying that you will have this experience. However I want to share with you guys why I am so passionate about smoothie bowls.
So passionate that I decided to open a Smoothie Bowl Food Truck!
Heart Bowls Food Truck is what we have decided to call this Smoothie Bowl making machine of a truck!
I am so happy and excited to share this journey with you all.
I created a video series on my YouTube channel just about the Heart Bowls Food Truck. You can find it under Food Truck Tuesdays!
It is awesome because we just got our FOOD TRUCK (Heart Bowls Food Truck) a few weeks ago and yesterday we had our first actually work day gutting and cleaning the inside.
We have some remodeling to do, cosmetic work, and so much more.
All of which I will be sharing with you in the video series. Along with business advice and tips as we learn ourselves.
Heart Bowls Food Truck is located in Sandpoint Idaho (will be located here once we open, expected launch early summer 2019).
This smoothie bowl recipe is one that we will be serving in Heart Bowls Food Truck for sure!
I hope you make it, love it, and come visit us in the food truck!
If you make this recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Also TAG me @LemonsandLeggings on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes 🙂Print
This vegan Blueberry Ginger Smoothie Bowl Recipe is extremely healthy, delicious, quick and of course gluten free! This Smoothie Bowl makes a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack and you can find it on the menu at Heart Bowls Food Truck in Sandpoint Idaho.
- 2 cups Blueberries (if frozen- thaw first)
- 1/2 non dairy Milk
- 1/2 inch slice of fresh Ginger
- 2 frozen Bananas
Toppings of choice
- Sliced Banana
- fresh Berries
- Chia Seeds
- Raw Walnuts
- Coconut Flakes
- Puffed Cereal
- Skout Backcountry Pumpkin Seeds
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend blueberries, non-dairy milk and ginger until smooth.
- Add frozen bananas and blend into a thick creamy ice cream like texture (if using a blender it is best to use the tamper – see video)
- Scoop and divide into two serving bowls
- Top with your favorite toppings like granola, nuts, seeds, banana, berries and coconut flakes!
- Enjoy immediately and feel the Happiness! <3
Works best in a really good blender like a Vitamix.
Calorie count includes only granola as a toppings because the others dependent on your taste, but don’t skip the toppings!
- Category: Breakfast, Smoothie Bowls
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/2 recipe)
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 3.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Smoothie, Smoothie bowl, blueberry, ginger, banana, banana nice cream, ice cream, healthy ice cream, heart bowls, food truck, Gluten free, healthy, vegan, oil free, quick, dairy free, sugar free, refined sugar free, healthy snack,