These easy vegan Mini Crustless Tofu and Veggie Quiches are super healthy yet so flavorful. Made without oil or eggs, they make a great meal prep savory breakfast because they can be frozen or refrigerated. I like making a batch along with some roasted oil free potatoes and bringing them as a quick breakfast or lunch on the go.
Savory breakfasts are not my thing, there I said it. But I just really LOVE sweet breakfasts and I am sticking to it. So i always make these and eat them for lunch or dinner. However I know lots of you all really want savory healthy vegan breakfast ideas so these mini vegan crustless quiches are for you!
If you are like me and want a sweet and healthy breakfast muffin I would go for my Carrot Cake Cupcake and leave off the frosting!
For all you who want a quick, healthy and vegan savory breakfast that you can make ahead of time and eat all week, these are great. I suggest serving them with oil-free roasted breakfast potatoes!
Also I would like to let you know that this was my first epic photography fail on this blog, I am not a fan of these photos. I think that they do not capture how yummy and pretty these quiches are. So I am going to photograph it again soon and replace these photos.
Part of starting this blog has been to just go for it, not wait for everything to be perfect but just keep posting healthy, easy and oil-free, vegan recipes that I love. So I am not letting unperfected photos stop me from getting this recipe to you all.
A few things about the recipe!
Browning onions and veggies without oil is not impossible, you can do it if you want. But the main focus for me is getting the veggies cooked in as little veggie broth as possible to give them some golden softness without oil. Add half of the 1/4 cup of veggie broth at a time as you sauté so you don’t over do it.
At the end the spinach just wilts in and adds so much taste and nutrition to this quiche, don’t skip the spinach!
Really you cant go wrong blending up the tofu eggs. You do not even have to press the tofu, just drain excess water and add it to the blender.
If you do not have a blender you can also use a food processor.
You can bake this in a pie/quiche pan, however without a crust it wont hold up like it should. You can also make a quick oil-free crust by combining 1 1/4 cups almond flour, 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a flax egg (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water). I will post a real recipe for that soon.
The jumbo muffin pan size is perfect.
If you make this recipe, it would really help if you left it a star rating. Because I am a new blogger I need all the help I can get with comments, shares and ratings. Thank you in advanced and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Don’t forget to tag me @LemonsAndLeggings on Instagram if you make this and take a photo! 🙂Print
Vegan mini crustless tofu and veggie quiches that are super easy yet so flavorful. Made without oil or eggs, they make a great meal prep savory breakfast because they can be frozen or refrigerated.
For the Veggies:
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 5 mushrooms of choice, sliced (I used Cremini mushrooms)
- 1/2 red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 small Zucchini, diced
- 4 – 6 big handfuls Spinach
For the Tofu Eggs:
- 2 blocks Extra Firm Tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 6 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or black sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook the Veggies:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add onion and half of the vegetable broth to a large skillet, cover and sauté over high heat for 5 minutes and stir.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 more minute covered, then stir.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth along with the bell pepper and zucchini, cover and sauté for 3 more minutes and give it another good stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the spinach, cooking another 1-2 minutes until wiltedRemove from heat and blend your tofu eggs. (Veggies should be very dry cooked, excess water will make the quiches less firm.)
Make the Tofu Eggs & Bake:
- Add all remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until mixture is thick and creamy to create your tofu eggs.
- Pour the blended tofu eggs into your skillet and mix with the veggies.
- Prepare a 9 cavity jumbo muffin pan (or 12 cavity regular muffin pan) with cooking spray.
- Divide the quiche filling evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating!
Veggies: You can use any veggies you like in quiche, just assure that they are as dry as possible without excess liquid when adding to the tofu eggs.
You can also roast or bake veggies, chop them and add them to the tofu eggs.
- Category: Savory Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 mini quiche
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: quiche, mini quiche, tofu quiche, veggie quiche, vegan, savory, breakfast, savory breakfast, healthy quiche, healthy, mini vegan quiche, crustless, crustless quiche, mini crustless vegan quiche, peppers, mushroom quiche, mushrooms, spinach, oil free, gluten free, dairy free